Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A new Blog - a new Perspective

A very long time ago, I began my online life by signing up for a hotmail account. When it was time to pick a name, I chose the first song off of a Tori Amos album, 'from the choirgirl hotel.' That song's title is Spark. Now you know half the name.
Recently, I decided to sign up for a twitter account, and the ubiquitous question returned, "what will your name be?" I thought to make it more 'original' than spark.  So I decided to include a main character from one of my favorite books (Imajica), Gentle. Thus, the name Gentlespark was born.
It's funny, now that I turn it over in my head, it seems such an appropriate name for this endeavour. I have much to share, and a few articles already to publish. I don't intend to be famous, and realize the folly of attempting to change the world. But maybe someone might read a word or two I've written - and add their own thoughts and ideas to what's occurring in their heads - eventually changing the world in their own way.

Maybe I can be the gentle spark that gets them thinking.

Or talking.

Or maybe not.  The thing about sparks is they are out just as quickly as their florescence begins. And perhaps the gentle ones are barely remembered at all.

A thought that I quite like.


No comments:

Post a Comment